Monday, September 1, 2008

Half Time in Naija

I complete six months in Nigeria today, half of my time here! This is the longest I have lived outside Delhi. At the moment I have mixed feelings. A part of me is very proud and excited about my ability to live of my own, "living" another culture, creating a whole new social life, the appreciation of my work, the unimaginable experiences I have had here.

A part of me is missing home, family and friends terribly. Today I was listening to a song which I usually played while driving...vow I miss driving in Delhi:) I miss just landing up at Mom and Dad's or at Parul's. I miss just hanging out with Parth and my gal friends! I miss seeing my nieces and nephew grow. I am not even going to start on food. Living away from home has been the hardest thing I have ever done. I love and appreciate everyone at home...who have patiently supported me during this and I can't wait to come home:)

1 comment:

  1. You should be so so so proud of yourself...you took up a challenge and have already fulfilled half of it in great style...
    we are all there for you always...but sometimes in life we have to do things alone...things which have a meaning and importance for us and not anyone else... going to nigereia was such a thing for you...
    i feel you have become more humane, more close to your family anf friends and a much better person for your experiences... now i for one will never think of you as my "LIttle" sister... you have shown a maturity, tolerance and adaptability which is really commendable...
    take care...
    carry the torch forward....
    remember...we all are happy if you are happy

    ReplyDelete