Monday, September 29, 2008

Workshop at Sea School










Having no exciting plans for the upcoming long weekend (27 Sept-1 Oct), I agreed to be a resource person at a capacity building workshop on NGO management organized by the Human Rights Information Network (HuRiNET) for its member organizations. The venue was the paramilitary training ground-Sea School Apapa, which was a twenty minute boat ride from Lagos. We left on Friday, with many brave and scared souls who have never stepped foot on a boat before, who were very grateful to the Lord when we safely landed at our destination. I gave two sessions on Organizational Development and Volunteering and generally helped out in the workshop. The 60 + participants were committed and passionate social entreprenuers who were struggling to build their NGOs. In between work, we got the chance to do kayaking and with my prior one-time experience, I was pretty good! As you can see I was lucky enough to get great shots (atleast I think so) of the sunset....I tried getting the night shots of the lighted ships, but I would need a more heavy duty camera for that one...(potential birthday gift for those reading:))

No comments:

Post a Comment